Friday, November 6, 2015

NanoWrimo is HARD!

Happy November! This is the time of year when the leaves start changing colors (unless you live in Texas,) the temperatures start dropping (unless you live in Texas,) and you can pull on your boots and scarves (I live in Texas and do it anyway!)

Also, it's time for NanoWrimo.

Throughout this month, there will be encouraging words from writers around the world. Motivation will be lifting our hearts as we type our little fingers raw on our keyboards and we will feel like we are succeeding in our life dream to become a full time author.

So I have a confession...It is already November 6, and I have not written a word.

It's not that I don't WANT to write. I just don't have time. Now, I know what you're going to say: "Just like exercising, you can always make time for writing." Well, it's hard. After working all day to get kids reading and writing, I just want to climb under a blanket and binge watch Once Upon a Time.

For me, writing is an art that I have to have a clear head to do. I like to be alone and have headphones on to block out noise. Lately, I haven't been able to do this.

So, I'm going to ask you as an audience: How do you find time to write amid a busy schedule? How do you find the energy to pull your laptop into your lap and type out your thoughts? I'm struggling here and will take any advice I can get!


2 comments:

  1. Not something I do so have no idea how hard it is but I w ill take your word for it that it is in fact hard

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing just fine. You're pacing yourself; that's all. Even if you can only tap a few words out with one hand on your laptop during commercials between episodes of Once Upon..., writing is still writing. You get credit.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails